Attending Consortium Courses
Courses not offered by AAC can be taken for full credit via the Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities, a cooperative venture established in 1974. Member institutions are:
- The Art Academy of Cincinnati
- The Athenaeum of Ohio
- Chatfield College
- Cincinnati Christian University
- Cincinnati State Technical & Community College
- College of Mt. St. Joseph
- Good Samaritan College of Nursery and Health Science
- Hebrew Union College/Jewish Institute of Religion
- Miami University
- Northern Kentucky University
- Thomas More College
- The Union Institute
- University of Cincinnati
- Wilmington College
- Xavier University
Students can attend other Consortium institutions for up to 6 credits per semester in Fall and Spring; there is no limit during Summer semester. Fall and Spring courses taken through the Consortium are included in your tuition; you pay nothing extra. For summer courses, the Art Academy of Cincinnati’s tuition rate applies.
NOTE: The Art Academy is on a semester system, while some Consortium institutions are on a quarter system. One quarter credit equals 2/3 of a semester credit.
To register for a Consortium course:
- Obtain a Consortium Registration Form from the Registrar, Room S265. The Registrar will have information on how to find classes within the Consortium universities.
- Get the form approved by your advisor or the Registrar.
- Turn in the top copy of your approved Consortium registration form to the Registrar.
- Take the remaining copies and register at the university you plan to attend. The university will automatically send your grades to the Art Academy.