AACís campus is a cultural cornerstone in our community and a home base for your creative pursuits in historic Over-the-Rhine. Forget dorm life, this is urban loft living. Our two housing options are located just a block or two away from campus, on streets lined with cafes, unique shops and the best restaurants in Cincinnati.
All first-year students who reside outside the Cincinnati area are required to live in the Art Academyís Residence Halls. Freshmen living within Greater Cincinnati may choose to reside in the residence hall or commute from home.
Priority placement in the residence hall is given to traditional first-time freshmen and then to all other students at the Art Academy, in each case in the order in which residence hall deposits are received.
Loft-Style Living - Google Street View Located one block west of AAC at 5 W. 12th St. above The Taste of Belgium restaurant, the Harper Lofts houses 27 students and 1 Resident Assistant in 12 loft-style suites. The suites vary in size and can accommodate from one to five students. Each unit is equipped with:
- A full kitchen: refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, disposal
- Bathroom with shower stall
- Free washer and dryer combo in every suite
- Shared bedroom with movable wardrobes for privacy
- Utilities included
- All suites are unfurnished, requiring students to provide their own furniture, bedding and style.
Suite-Style Living - Google Street View
Located two blocks northeast from the AAC at 126 E.13th St. above Rock Paper Scissors (an arts supply & craft and music store and art gallery). Ruthven Suites houses 11 students and 1 Resident Assistant in two suite-style floors. Each floor contains:
- 6 private bedrooms with half bath En suite
- Common kitchen: refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, disposal
- Common living room
- Full bath with two common showers
- Coin laundry
- Utilities included
- All suites are unfurnished, requiring students to provide their own furniture, bedding and style
Annual fees for both fall and spring semesters are:
- $6500 for a single unit
- $6400 for double units
- $6300 for triple units
- $6200 for quad units and all rooms at the Ruthven Suites
- $6100 for a 5-person unit
- Half of the academic year housing fee is charged for each semester. A Housing deposit of $250 secures a studentís spot in Art Academy Housing and becomes included in the first semesterís fee. In addition to the Housing Fee, there is a $600 damage deposit charged to each student, refundable at the end of the year if no damage is assessed to that student.
- For students living on campus for the summer Master of Arts in Art Education (MAAE) degree, housing is a flat fee of $1400 plus a $400 damage deposit, which is refundable at the end of the term if no damage is assessed to that student. MAAE students will be placed in fully furnished units at Harper Lofts at 5 W. 12th street. Please contact Galen Crawford at email@example.com for the MAAE Housing License Agreement.
Art Academy residence halls have locked entrances, monitored by 24-hour security personnel, who are available for escort services to the main building and to parking facilities. Access to the Harper Lofts is controlled with a security ID card. Access to the Ruthven Suites is controlled by hard key. A Resident Assistant lives in each residence hall. The building is equipped with smoke detectors and a fire alarm/sprinkler system.
Parking is available in our parking facility on Walnut Street, located within a block of the Art Academy academic buildings. Semester parking passes are purchased through the Finance Office.
AAC Residence Hall License Agreement Form
AAC Residence Hall Roommate Questionnaire Form
Parking Reservation Form
For additional information, please contact Galen Crawford at 513-562-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org